Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oh, Brother...Dr. Z has Started Monk Hating Already

Dr. Z (Bwaa Ha Ha—he calls himself doctor Z) just posted this about the 2007 Hall of Fame Nominees. He can’t wait until January to start his Monk bashing. This man is outrageous and should lose his ability to vote based on much of this reasoning.

Tough call for the Hall
Trying to cut annual nominee list to 25 candidates


Posted: Thursday October 5, 2006 12:00PM; Updated: Thursday October 5, 2006 12:18PM

I just opened my yearly package of misery. It comes from the Hall of Fame and it's called the Preliminary nomination list for the Class of 2007…

Am I bitter? Yeah, every year at this time, when I see some of the names that appear on this list. They'll be chopped to 25 this month, then to the 17 finalists (15 moderns, two seniors) who will become subjects of the debate from which a maximum of six enshrinees with emerge on Feb. 3, 2007, when our Selection Committee has its final meeting.

Right now there's a huge collection of names, many of which appear because some poor fool, such as your faithful narrator, sent his name in...I'll try to narrow the list of 120 down to the 25 or so I've chosen to move to the next round…

…Wide Receivers
They're lining up four deep. There are 13 of them, and more will come from year to year because the numbers will be overwhelming, almost meaningless after a while. I have four names penciled in: Harold Carmichael, Henry Ellard, Michael Irvin and Andre Reed. If I'd have to predict which one will go all the way, I'd say Irvin. Art Monk again will provide spirited debate, for those of us who manage to remain awake throughout this old reprise. Please, Redskins fans, no e-mails at this particular time. Save 'em for January…

The Guy won't even give Art Monk the courtesy of staying awake during the debate on whether he belongs in the Hall. How are sportswriters selected for this responsibility? I would think that they would take it a little more seriously than Dr. "Z" does. If it is too much "misery" for him, I'm sure there are others who would love to vote. And, anyone who would put Irvin in the Hall ahead of Monk cannot be serious.

And if you wondered whether the guy is a Giants fan, wonder no more:

…Coaches, Contributors…
…I've always been a George Young man, and I guess I'll ride with him again…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home