Monday, January 16, 2006

Two Player Quotes

I just finished watching the post-game, locker-room interviews on redskins.com TV. All the players said the right things, but two stood out.

Chris Cooley was asked by Sonny Jurgenson what he learned this year. Cooley: "Losing sucks. That's what I learned."

Cooley's 52-yard catch over the middle set up Moss's TD catch and got the Redskins back in the game. I can't wait to see this guy play next year.

Sam Huff asked LaVar Arrington if he wanted to come back as a Redskin. LaVar: "Heck yeah. I don't want to say profanity on TV. I want to be here 100%. It's where my heart is. I get on my knees every night and hope and pray it works out. I love everything about being in Washington. I said some things I shouldn't have and I regret it, but I love being a Redskin through and through. I don't want to go anywhere else. We have resolve...This is the greatest building block since I've been here and I just hope I'm part of the next step."

When you consider that NFL films caught LaVar in pre-game warmups in Philly and Tampa Bay saying "It's a great day to be a Redskin," you have to wonder if they can't work something out for next year. He might not be the most disciplined linebacker in the league, but he makes big plays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home