Wednesday, July 20, 2005

In the Immortal Words of "President" Dave Chappelle:


Schumer SHUT THE F UP!!! (at 3:10)



Schumer:
"I voted against Judge Roberts for the D.C. Court because he didn't answer questions fully and openly when he appeared before the committee. For instance, when I asked him a question that others have answered — to identify three Supreme Court cases of which he was critical, he refused."

The 2003 hearing was one of the most memorable in the recent contentious battles between Republicans and Democrats over judicial nominees. Then-committee chairman Orrin Hatch, a Utah Republican, first praised Schumer and then used a derogatory term to ridicule his questions of Roberts.
Hatch began by saying Schumer asked intelligent questions, then switched course: "Some I totally disagree with. Some I think are dumb... questions, between you and me. I am not kidding you. I mean, as much as I love and respect you, I just think that's true."

Shocked, Schumer asked Hatch if he wanted to revise his comments. Hatch declined...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home